International Head/U21 Coach & Community Coach
|Position||International Head/U21 Coach& Community Coach|
|Reporting To||National Netball Association|
|Contract Type||6 month International Volunteer Placement (includes living expenses; travel, subsistence, accommodation and relevant medical vaccinations)|
|Background||The International Netball Federation (INF), England Netball and UK Sport are working together to deliver an exciting international legacy initiative to supplement the 2019 Netball World Cup (NWC2019) in Liverpool. The initiative will provide an unparalleled development experience for England Netball pathway coaches through the provision of a 6 month International Placement as a National/U21 Coach in Sub-Saharan Africa or South America. Working closely with a partner National Netball Association you will be an Ambassador for England Netball and the NWC2019, and join part of a network of passionate netballers contributing to the development of the global game.
Opportunities will be phased, starting on 1 April 2017 and 1 February 2018 (flexible with dates).
|Role Summary||Act as an Ambassador for the NWC2019; working partnership to lead, plan and deliver a robust and coherent Performance Development Plan to achieve agreed outcomes for the relevant National/U21 team and National Association in Sub-Saharan Africa or South America. Work with key stakeholders to review and develop the talent pathway of the National Association through coach/athlete development and increased community activity in line with INF strategic plan and host country development plan.|
|Tasks||• In partnership with the National Association prepare a comprehensive Performance Plan for the build up to and participation in the Netball World Youth Cup in July 2017 (NWYC2017)or relevant regional competitions. In collaboration with the National Association; monitor, review and revise the Plan at regular intervals to ensure we remain on track to achieve agreed outcomes
• Work with the athletes to build a team enabling each to develop their technical, tactical, physical and psychological competences. Act as the single point of athlete management for the athletes in the National long squad
• Assist in recruiting and developing the management team, ensuring they act as a cohesive unit in support of the athletes and are fully aligned to the agreed outcome for the NWYC2017(or relevant regional competitions)
• Establish, prioritise and effectively manage all resources aligned to the National/U21 programmes including the associated budget
• Build and sustain an effective working relationship with the INF and the National Association and demonstrate appropriate levels of cultural understanding and emotional intelligence
• Build and sustain an effective relationship with the Selection Committee of the National/U21 teams to agree a selection strategy to enable effective athlete selection in the build up to international or regional competitions
• In collaboration with the National Association ensure all logistics relating to the National/U21 programmes are effectively planned and managed in a timely manner and within budget. This will include travel, accommodation, kit etc.
• Work in partnership with local stakeholders to support delivery of community netball development through workshops and coach/athlete education
• Build a positive and supportive relationship with the National Association to maximise access to athletes while at the same time managing any situations that could impact on the welfare of the athlete
• Ensure the National Association is fully conversant with its obligations as a participant in the NWYC2017 and the NWC2019 as outlined in the INF Event and Commercial Operations Manual as well as INF Rules, Regulations and Codes and INF guidelines, particularly those relating to safeguarding
• Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders ensuring at all times the National Association is represented in an appropriate and professional manner to its stakeholders, partners, the International Federation, Regional Federation and other Netball nations.
• Act as a positive role model, ambassador and advocate for the sport and the NWC2019, nurturing and developing positive relationships that will promote and support the strategic development of the Netball Association
• To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the Netball Association
• To provide regularly and timely feedback on progress to UK project partners including a final report on the appointment in relation to the desired outcomes.
|Experience||• Experience of coaching netball within a performance environment either as a technical support coach or a Head Coach (E)
• Experience of coaching netball within an international arena at senior or U17,U19 or U21 level (D)
|Competencies||• Proven leadership skills within a performance netball environment
• Excellent and demonstrable athlete management & development skills and experience; an ability to inspire, build trust and create a positive team culture
• An interest in international sport development
• Cultural sensitivity (E)
• Excellent communication and people skills
• A proven understanding of performance sport and the role of the coach within a high performance environment; experience of working in an international environment
• Proven programme planning and management skills
• An ability to keep calm and make decisions under pressure
• Ability to articulate tactical changes and technical improvements to athletes in pressurised situations in a concise and meaningful manner
• A proven ability to develop, inspire and manage a high quality team behind the team
• Good media skills with an ability to speak effectively live on television
• Excellent technical coaching skills (E)
• An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment (E)
|Closing Date||30 January 2017|
|Interview Date||1 February 2017|
|How To Apply||Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role by 12pm on Monday 30th January email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that you application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place in London on 1st February 2017.
Netball Europe Commercial and Sponsorship Officer
Volunteer Job Role
|Expenses||Reasonable expenses will be paid in line with NE’s Expenses policy.|
|Location||Working from home. May be expected to travel to meetings/events within the Region of Europe.|
|Contract Type||1 year appointment with the option of extending further.|
|Closing Date||Midday – 20 January 2017|
|Commercial||Commercial responsibilities will include:
|Profile||The successful candidate must be able to confidently and professionally lead, influence, promote and communicate across a range of high profile platforms. You will act for, and behalf of, Netball Europe as spokesperson and key point of contact as agreed.
|How To Apply||Please send your CV with an accompanying letter outlining why you believe you are the exceptional candidate that we are looking for, to:
Chair, Netball Europe
Operations Manager – England Netball
|Job Title||Operations Manager, Netball World Cup 2019|
|Salary||Circa £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)|
|Location||England Netball offices, Travel to London and Liverpool as required|
|Type of Contract||Fixed Term Contract to 31st October 2019, Full Time (35 hours per week)|
|Job Description||These are exciting times for England Netball with the Netball World Cup 2019 firmly in our sights. As hosts for this Liverpool staged event, we are looking for an Operations Manager to work alongside the Netball World Cup 2019 Ltd Board to act as the strategic and operational lead, driving forward the NWC 2019 vision and managing the development and delivery of the event ensuring plans are in line with and enhance England Netball’s strategy in all areas.
Reporting to the NWC 2019 Board and England Netball CEO you will monitor progress and ensure that deadlines are met whilst putting in place effective project management throughout the duration of the project.
If you have a proven track record of leading and managing an organisation to deliver such a major event then we want to hear from you.
For a full job description, person specification and application form, please download the forms below.
|How to Apply||Go to www.englandnetball.co.uk/work-for-us/england-netball-opportunities/|
|Closing Date||17th January 2017 5pm|
|Interview Date||TBC but likely to be 27th January 2017|