The Board of Directors has established a Medical Commission.
The INF Medical Commission – an expert medical panel – is the authority for all medical, health and anti-doping matters for the sport of netball.
Promotion and protection of the health of players, as well as injury prevention and rehabilitation, by enhanced knowledge and skills for maximal performance of the sport of netball at all levels
Terms of Reference
For all Medical, Health and Anti-Doping areas relevant to sport the INF Medical Commission:
- advise and guide the INF Board and Members on issues specific to netball to ensure timely and informed decision-making.
- determine and recommend policies, rules and regulations and develop related norms and standards for INF.
- be responsible for the implementation of all technical aspects of the World Anti-Doping Code and the International Standards, including the work of the INF Therapeutics Use Exemption Committee.
- ensure adoption and implementation of relevant national and international standards applicable to the sport of netball by INF and its affiliates, including at the Netball World Cup and other international championships sanctioned by INF.
- provide representation for INF at selected national and international forums on medical, health and anti-doping issues, as requested.
- provide management strategies for International and Public Health measures, specific to each region.
- conduct and support research to provide INF with advice on future trends, opportunities and direction.
- establish and maintain linkages with other Medical and Anti-Doping Organisations, Commissions and Committees.
For full terms of reference for the Board Committees, Working Groups and Panels click here.
The members of the commission:
- Dr Shuaib Manjra (Chair of the Medical Commission)
- Dr Grace Bryant
- Dr Marion Bullock DuCasse
- INF CEO (In attendance)