The award is a new award for 2017 and will be decided by the industry via an online voting system. The nominees are being evaluated on the following criteria:
- Awarded to someone who has had a distinguished year in the sport industry.
- Someone who has personally or through their entity brought a positive spotlight to the industry and the value it has to offer its stakeholders.
- Someone who has used PR, marketing, social media, sports marketing, CSI, to innovatively and creatively position or raise their sport’s profile and or their organisation and or the sport industry.
- The winner must demonstrate how they have improved their immediate environments, who has benefited and how they have benefited.
- Additionally, the winner and or their achievements must raise the profile of the sport industry in a manner that demonstrates innovation, leadership, strategy, relevance and significant positive impact.
Mimi Mthethwa-Zulu – Netball South Africa
Over the past 4 years Netball South Africa has grown its competition structure to an almost full calendar year from January to November. This includes an annual Inter-Provincial Tournament, Incoming and Outgoing Test Matches, National Weeks for all age groups plus participation in the World Fast Five Netball event each year. Television coverage is now well over 100 matches shown live and with nearly 300 repeats. This is coming from a base of very few televised matches just four years ago.
This exciting growth in commercial ventures and participation levels has required increased management of the sport and its stakeholders and Mimi Mthethwa-Zulu has played a crucial role in facilitating this. For more information, click here.
The other 2017 nominees include: Douglas Ryder, Hank McGregor and John Comitis